Accessibility of software for degree

  • From: "Michael" <mchllmdds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:19:41 -0000

Hello everyone

In September I will be doing a computing degree. I will be using various
software and I would like to know if any of you on the list have any experience
with these applications and if they are accessible with jaws.

The applications are:

Select SSADM Professional

Argo UML

Microsoft visio 2007

One of my modules involves using Adobe Web Premium CS4. My lecturer says I can
do speech processing instead. Just out of curiosity I would like to know if
anyone is having success using it so I can let my university know. I'm blind,
but I was visually impaired four years ago so I have a good understanding of
colours and shapes.

The other software I will be using is Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2008, which I
have been informed is accessible. When I enrol on the course I will be
subscribed to the Microsoft developer network academic alliance where I will
have access to the latest Microsoft products. One of the products will be
Microsoft visual studios 2010 professional. I have been on the list for a while
so I was able to read the conversation, which said it is not accessible with
jaws, but it is with NVDA.

Any advice or directions on websites where I could obtain answers on the
accessibility of the applications would be extremely appreciated

Thanks in advance

Michael