ASP.net and A/V Application

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 06:09:18 -0500

Hi:
I want to add Audio and Video to my ASP (VWD)2008 flavor Website. I have read
about a UploadFile Control.
Would this be good for uploading songs recorded by homegrown bands and music
videos by them? The files might get large if the video runs 10 minutes or more.
Do most digital camras allow for a file extension that would run with
MediaPlayer or will that be a problem?
If you know of any example code creating a site that allows uploading and
playing of client music and videos, especially in vb, could you let me know? I
am just starting to research this topic so any pointers might help me further
my reading before I try and work with A/V files under my VWD and ASP.net setup.
I am avoiding Silverlight as I heard it was not very accessible but that was
some time ago and would appreciate any comments if this might be a good way to
go as well.
Thanks:
Rick USA