[program-java] Eclipse Perspectives And Views Question

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:26:23 -0400

Hi,
In my JAWS Eclipse scripts, I want to do all I can to avoid key conflicts,
since there are so many Eclipse key strokes. With that in mind, is there a way
to easily tell which perspective or view you are in without cycling through the
key strokes like Control + F7 and Control + F8? I'd like to implement, if
possible, something from the Homer script set, that allows you to press F7 and
mark the start of a block, arrow to the end of a block, and press F8 to select
the block for subsequent copying or cutting to the clipboard. I know that F8
conflicts when in the Debug    perspective, so I want to be able to tell if
Eclipse is in that perspective and pass the key through to avoid the conflict
if Eclipse is not in the Debug perspective.

Thanks.

Jim

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>. Discuss
accessibility
here<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>.
Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility
advice<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>