[procps] Procps-ng 3.3.6 released

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Procps-ng Mail list <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:11:41 +1100

Well I was out by a day (I said between Christmas and New Years and its
2pm 1/1/2013) but procps 3.3.6 has been released.

This release comes with the new inspect feature for top.  With this
feature, you are able to configure programs to scripts to run and
display additional information about the selected process from within
top show something more about it.  It is useful for those workflows
along the lines of:
  ps (some flags) to find the pid
  command (that pid)

Besides the top change, there were many bug fixes and small tweaks along
the way.

On the API side freeproc was re-introduced (it got forgotten!) which
means our current and age got incremented but we still have libproc1
as it is an addition, not a delete or change.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org