[procps] Additional infrastructure for procps-ng

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Procps-ng Mail list <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:16:01 +1100

I've noticed that we are lacking in some important things for
infrastructure for procps-ng.  While we have a wiki, git repository and
a email list, there is no bug tracker or files area.

While merge requests are a good way of reporting bugs, they are a far
too high a bar for an average user who usually has "I run foo --flags
and it does THIS" for a report.

There is also no way of getting a tar.xz file without downloading it
through git and making it yourself.  There are differences between the
tagged tarballs and the real ones made with make dist (someone on this
list mentioned missing files and it was because of this).

So these two at least are needed. Any suggestions where these could go?
My default answer is to set them up on sourceforge only because I'm
familiar with it, but there may be other ideas out there.

It doesn't mean the git or email lists are moving, this just adds to it.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org