[procps] Re: Merge request

  • From: James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 10:22:01 -0500

>> The first stops top from flashing every time a keyboard command is
>> processed, by not calling the terminal’s clear command.

JW> Have you tried transitioning from the main top display to say the
JW> help screen or fields management screen?

JW> Surely you can't find the results pleasing.

I hadn't tried that with the patch, only before.  But using clear is
still wrong, as it caused painful flashing even for that.

Flashing which procps 3.2 and earlier did not do.

What I get from h is the help text under the headers; F comes up looking
like an unbordered window over the normal display.

It looks like 3.2 only calls clr_scr when changing the window (such as
to display the help screen).  I'll look into making that work for 3.3.

I'll also push a pullable tag for just the 847fd58119 fix.

Thanks for the feedback.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6