[powerdot] Re: styles

  • From: Hendri Adriaens <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:58:41 +0200

Alasdair,

> It would be nice if some of the prosper styles were ported to powerdot.  In
> particular, I really liked the azure style in prosper, but the closest in
> powerdot is upen.

I don't think that is allowed by copyright or artistic law. To avoid
any trouble, I won't do it. Feel free to do it yourself though. But
such styles then cannot be included in the powerdot package because of
the above mentioned concern...

Besides that, it may not be considered to be particularly nice in the
LaTeX community as it more explicitly tries to pull users from prosper
to powerdot. To give an example of a similar kind: I wasn't
particularly pleased when Till Tantau made a `compatibility' mode for
HA-prosper some time ago and copied my example files in his docs to
show how to modify them to work with the beamer compat mode.

Best,
-Hendri.