[powerdot] Re: styles

  • From: Hendri Adriaens <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:32:47 +0200

Hi Alasdair,

> Will there be a public repository, do you think, of contributed powerdot
> styles?

Well, we're trying to build such a thing as you might see in the docs:
most styles are contributed. But we're depending on the contributions
of the community. We can't do everything ourselves either as our time
is of course also limited,s o we try to focus on developing and
improving the core package. We try to provide as much (developer)
tools as necessary as to make life for developers as easy as possible,
but hope that other people will contribute to the project and use
these tools. With styles, this seems to be working quite nicely (if I
may say so) and after about 1.5 monts, we already have a nice
collection of 12 very different styles. More are of course still very
welcome! So if you have a nice idea and a spare evening hour or two,
put it in a style and send it to us. It need not be perfect (from
latex programming point of view) and we will help whenever possible to
improve the programming of the style.

Unfortunately, other requested tools seem not popular after all, which
makes the development of them a loss of time which could have been
invested in improving the core package or making new styles. An
example of this is the palettes stuff, for which I still hope that
nice color combinations will be suggested so that I won't be forced to
throw away the time invested in that.

Best,
-Hendri.