[powerdot] Re: listings in twocolumn mode?

  • From: "Hendri Adriaens" <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:27:08 +0200

> I extrapolated a bit from some comments that I found in the powerdot
> mailing list and figured out that I can use \lstinputlisting{file}
> inside a \twocolumn{}{} and it works.

Ok, good.

> So, the question has become "Is it possible to include listings stuff
> directly?, without having to keep it in a separate file?

No: listing content has to be read verbatim, saved to a separate file
to allow rereading it and hence resetting catcodes to normal if
necessary (eg escaped content). Read the powerdot article to see why
powerdot also provides a file method.

> I've also noticed that the borders in the powerdot-example*.tex
> listings environments aren't the same width on the corners and all of
> the edges.  It sounds like that's a driver issue that the listings
> folks have seen before, but I'd welcome any work arounds that folks
> have come up with.

This is a known issue with listings. I talked about it with the
listings author (and he agreed that it needed work and he was thinking
of a new implementation) but that was about the last contact the latex
world had with him, hence I took over the listings package and gave
maintenance to Brooks Moses (see also the listings docs). This is not
the right place to search for a solution, I think, but if anyone
knows, feel free to inform us all :)

Best,
-Hendri.