[powerdot] Re: listings in twocolumn mode?

  • From: George Hartzell <hartzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:48:42 -0700

George Hartzell writes:

 > I'm trying to use listings inside a twocolumn slide.  It's failing,
 > seems to be because twocolumn is fragile.  I'm not sure what I need to
 > protect to get things to work.
 >
 > Is this an FAQ, or something that others do frequently?  In either
 > case, how?
 >
 > If not, I'll post more details and maybe someone can lend a hand.
 >
 > Thanks,

I extrapolated a bit from some comments that I found in the powerdot
mailing list and figured out that I can use \lstinputlisting{file}
inside a \twocolumn{}{} and it works.

So, the question has become "Is it possible to include listings stuff
directly?, without having to keep it in a separate file?

I've also noticed that the borders in the powerdot-example*.tex
listings environments aren't the same width on the corners and all of
the edges.  It sounds like that's a driver issue that the listings
folks have seen before, but I'd welcome any work arounds that folks
have come up with.

Thanks,

g.