[powerdot] Re: TeXShop Powerdot typesetting problems

  • From: "Todd Kemp" <todd.kemp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:01:10 -0400

In fact it was the config.ps file which was mucking things up for me, as
Luis posited.  Thanks for the quick replies.

Todd Kemp.

On 19/06/07, Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 19, 2007, at 5:22 AM, Hendri Adriaens wrote:

> Search the mailinglist for enumitem. It got an update and has changed.
> Powerdot couldn't adjust to that yet.
>
> -Hendri.
>
> On 6/19/07, Todd Kemp <todd.kemp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have been using powerdot on my Mac Powerbook with TeXShop for about
>> two years and love it.
>>
>> I have just upgraded to a MacBook Pro (the brand new Core 2 Duo
>> ones),
>> and something bizarre happens to the output files from powerdot.  The
>> .pdf files generated are strangely distored with blank space through
>> the middle.
>>
>> I have reinstalled twice (and reinstalled xkeyval), but nothing has
>> addressed the problem.  Has anyone else seen this, and is there a
>> cure?
>>
>> Todd Kemp.

It is probably just what Hendri said.
In any case, to give you some reassurance, I am also using powerdot
on a MacBookPro and it works great. I am using the MacTeX
installation (which is based on TeXLive 2007 and installs in a
typical mac way).
There was only one little snag that required replacing a file
config.ps in the texlive (this was discussed on this list and, as
always, Hendri pointed me in the right direction!).

Luis Sequeira