[powerdot] Re: Table of contents on the slides

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:36:17 +0100

On Oct 6, 2008, at 2:28 PM, dali dali wrote:

> Hi everyone. I am currently doing a presentation with Powerdot class.
> I have a question about the table of contents which is placed on
> slides. I wanted to know how to modify it in such a way that only the
> title of the section whose the slide belongs to, is displayed.

Search the mailinglist before posting, this question has been asked
very recently. Clone a style and replace "toc-" keys by "stoc-" keys.
See the previous posts for more details and explanations.

> Added to that,
> is that possible to keep the section title at the same position for all
> slides?

This is true for all styles, so I guess you need to be clearer about
what you want.

-Hendri.

In fact, I would like to display on each slide only the title of the section, it belongs to. When I ask about the section title position, I mean if there is a way to keep the position of the section title on each slide constant. For example, let's assume that there are two sections in the presentation. All slides of the first section will have the section title at a certain position which will be the same. However, the slides of the second section will have the section title at another position than the slides of the first section. So how is it possible to keep the section title always at the same position on all slides ?

Thanks

Dali

Votre Windows Live Messenger est actualisé gratuitement Cliquez ici!

I think you can pretty much achieve what you want by using something like the example below. The 'tocsection=hidden' makes each section title only appear when you are actually in that section; and, for each slide, 'toc=' has the effect that the slide itself does not appear in the table of contents on the left.

%%%%%%%%%%

\section[tocsection=hidden,template=wideslide]{A section}
\begin{slide}[toc=]{A}

\end{slide}
\begin{slide}[toc=]{B}

\end{slide}
\begin{slide}[toc=]{C}

\end{slide}

\section[tocsection=hidden,template=wideslide]{Another section}
\begin{slide}[toc=]{A}

\end{slide}
\begin{slide}[toc=]{B}

\end{slide}