[powerdot] Re: Active elements in lists problem

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:20:39 +0000

On Feb 21, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:

The effect I want is this: as each new item in a list environment is produced, it shows up in the active color, and all the previous list items move into the inactive color (but stay visible). I don't want all list items to be shown in the inactive color when the slide first comes up, and one by one become active. I only want one active item at a time; all previous items inactive and visible; all subsequent items invisible. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Alasdair

You can combine \item<slidelist> with \onslide+ to achieve that effect. Consider the following example:

\begin{wideslide}{an example}
\begin{itemize}
\item<2-> \onslide+{2}{something}
\item<3-> \onslide+{3}{something else}
\item<4-> \onslide+{4}{yet something else}
\end{itemize}
\end{wideslide}

Each item only appears at the required overlays, i.e. from some point on - as guaranteed by \item<n-> - and then it is only active as indicated by the onslide+ command.

I believe this is what you're asking for.

Luís Sequeira