[pov] Vashon history...

  • From: Michelle <photomeesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Photographers of Vashon Vashon <pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 08:52:12 -0800

Someone should go in and photograph this place before the sale!

Mike Urban

Save the Date! March 7th, 2015
The FROZEN-IN-TIME Estate Sale!
A young professional couple and their four young children moved to Vashon
Island in the mid-1950s back when Burton was still served by a steamship and
had its own pharmacy. The couple had an insatiable appetite for antique
furniture as they outfitted their new waterfront home. Over the next sixty-odd
years they grew older yet never changed a thing in their home! The old couple
is gone now - the kids are in their seventies - but they left behind a virtual
museum of mid-century Vashon living. There is antique and mid-century
furniture, Vashon memorabilia, kitchenware, great tools, vintage books and
magazines, rugs, china, glassware, and even their original RCA/Victor 17”
television (which, by the way, cost them $495.00 in 1949. That’s $4861.00 in
today’s dollars!)
Please join us for this huge sale March 7th and 8th, 2015.
Over the next few days we will post detailed sale information plus a sneak peek
slideshow on our "Vashon Island Estate Sales" Facebook page.
We hope to see you there!
Michael and Catherine
Vashon Island Estate Sales & Property Liquidation Services
206-612-1773