[pisa] Re: testbed progress

  • From: René Hummen <rene.hummen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:48:10 +0200

Hi,

I checked your changes on pisa-freya and they work as promised.

On 19.04.2011, at 09:03, Samuel Richter wrote:
> hello fellow coworkers,
> the testbed should now work better; i readded setup of promiscuous mode moved
> the initscripts of pisasd and hipfw to /etc/no-init.d to stop them from
> starting by default,

Ok. Can you please also move the init-script of pisabeacon to /etc/no-init.d/.
We don't need that app any more.

> also i added a small hack to /etc/rc.local to set the mac address if it's not
> yet set.

Good.

> there's still room for improvement, meaning hipfw and pisasd probably
> shouldn't be installed in the first place and the macaddr should be more
> elegantly set using the uci system, but this should leave the testbed in a
> more usable state.
> i can't get ssh access to nike and pan currently, so they still won't work

pisa-pan is currently not part of the testbed and used elsewhere. Let's discuss
how to handle this when you're here next time.

> rene: your ssh key should be on the routers, please check

Great, no more typing of passwords :)

Thanks for the info, Samuel. The testbed status messages are really helpful!

Ciao,
René

--
Dipl.-Inform. Rene Hummen, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems