[pisa-src] Re: r1766 - in trunk/pisacd: cdservers.c cdservers.h

  • From: Thomas Jansen <mithi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa-src@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:50:20 +0100

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:41:10PM +0100, Tobias Heer wrote:

> Does this mean that we need DNS always?

It means, that the option to parse services from the config file is gone. It
should still be possible to use the pisacdconf tool (or whatever it was
called) for the purpose of manually adding services. I'm not sure if that
works properly though. If not, it can be fixed. Preparations have been made
to automate this on startup of pisacd, much like HIPL parses its config.

In my VM setup DNS works quite well to resolve a virtual local service IPv4
to a HIT/remote IP pair, so I see no reason to keep code depending on
libconfig around longer than we have to.

--
Thomas Jansen, "Mithi" --- mithi@xxxxxxxxx
GPG 9D5C682B, feel free to sign or encrypt your mail