[pisa-src] Re: pisa procfs config files?

  • From: Thomas Jansen <mithi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa-src@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:07:23 +0100

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 06:33:38PM +0100, Mircea Gherzan wrote:
> /**
>  * path and file names for configuration files
>  */
> #define PATH_PROCNET_DEV        "/proc/net/dev"
> #define PATH_PROCNET_ROUTE      "/proc/net/route"

> This might be a very stupid question, but I've got to ask: is the
> following comment just misleading or is pisa having some kernel-side
> code that magically replaces well-known procfs entries with pisa
> configuration entries?

No, those are kernel-provided provided files with the semantics you're
familiar with that we use to retrieve some information. If you can come up
with a better comment go ahead and fix that. If you find it misleading,
others might too.

On second thought: could you do a quick grep for those macros and see if they
are still in use? I could imagine that this is no longer needed as I don't
recall any parts in PISA using this information, except perhaps a test
application. If that's the case just remove the macros and the comment.

--
Thomas Jansen, "Mithi" --- mithi@xxxxxxxxx
GPG 9D5C682B, feel free to sign or encrypt your mail