[phpa] Re: Release 1.1 available

  • From: "PHP Accelerator" <php_accelerator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 05:05:40 +0100

>Dear PHP Accelerator Developers,
>
>Has any progress been made on the FreeBSD port?  Is anyone working on
>it?  If not, I'm willing to give it a try...
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Thomas Duffey

Hi Tom,

I had an attempt a while ago to get a FreeBSD port contributed, but in the
end it didn't happen, and so if you're serious about contributing a port and
have the time to work on it then I'd be happy for you to try. It really
shouldn't be that onerous a task. The development team is just me, and I'd
be particularly keen on someone who's prepared to offer some time to produce
the first and also subsequent FreeBSD ports as new versions become
available.

You also reported that a line of code in metabase gave you a problem and I
assume that you still have that issue? I haven't had time to get to the root
of that yet, although with the new features in 1.1, excluding a few files
should get around the issue.

Best regards,
Nick