[phoenixdiy] Re: Spice circuits and links

  • From: "Becky Stern" <becky.stern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:09:53 -0700

Thanks Mark! I'll post this to the blog shortly. I also want to thank
Alex for an excellent presentation, and everyone who brought tools,
prizes, sit-ables, and edibles to this month's meeting. It was a
blast, as usual!

Becky Stern

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM,  <rehorstmark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for staying awake during the Spice tutorial!
>  I barely scratched the surface of what LTSpice can do, but I hope some of
> you will try it out.  It can also be used for AC analysis - i.e. frequency
> response, noise analysis, transfer function, etc.
>  If anyone has any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.
>
>  I have attached two circuit files- the 555 LED flasher and the .wav file
> output demo.  The files have extension .asc that your computer may think is
> an ascii text file.  After installing SwicherCAD (LTSpice) your computer
> should recognize them as circuit files.
>
>  Try running the .wav output demo and listen to the result- its WEIRD!
> Listen with headphones!
>  It will generate a file called example_wav_out.wav that plays for 20
> seconds.  You can increase that time by editing the .tran statement to
> however many seconds you want.
>
>  Links:
>

> Spice Software:
>

> http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/switchercad.jsp
>

> http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/LTspiceGettingStartedGuide.pdf
>

> Sample Circuits (netlists):
>

> http://www.ecircuitcenter.com/Circuits.htm
>

> Limitations of Spice:
>

> http://www.ecircuitcenter.com/SpiceTopics/Limitations.htm
>

> More LTSpice stuff:

> http://home.mindspring.com/~eeweb/ltspicesubckts.pdf
>

> http://www.freeda.org/doc/SPICE/spice.pdf
>

> http://ltspice.linear.com/software/scad3.pdf
>

> Thanks again!
>

> MR
>

> ________________________________
> Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.
You've received this message via Phoenix DIY:
http://sternlab.org/phoenixdiy
phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you're a maker, hacker, or crafter in the Phoenix metro area, join us for
our monthly meetings!

To unsubscribe or edit your subscription settings, please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/phoenixdiy