[phoenixdiy] Spice circuits and links

  • From: rehorstmark@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:02:05 -0400

Thanks everyone for staying awake during the Spice tutorial!?
I barely scratched the surface of what LTSpice can do, but I hope some of you
will try it out.? It can also be used for AC analysis - i.e. frequency
response, noise analysis, transfer function, etc.
If anyone has any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.

I have attached two circuit files- the 555 LED flasher and the .wav file output
demo.? The files have extension .asc that your computer may think is an ascii
text file.? After installing SwicherCAD (LTSpice) your computer should
recognize them as circuit files.

Try running the .wav output demo and listen to the result- its WEIRD!? Listen
with headphones!
It will generate a file called example_wav_out.wav that plays for 20 seconds.?
You can increase that time by editing the .tran statement to however many
seconds you want.

Links:

Spice Software:

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/switchercad.jsp