[PCWorks] Windows 7

  • From: Hugh Vandervoort <hughv2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 00:43:58 -0400

I just finished installing Win 7, 32 bit on  an HP  Pavillion  a1616n.
This is a 3-4 year old PC with Media Center features and 1 GB RAM,
Intel Dual CorePentium D 820.
It had a crashed HD, and she hadn't made the recovery disks, and none
were available from HP (What's up with that?)
I was very impressed. The clean install took about 20-30 minutes with
minimum intervention and every driver needed was installed from the
DVD.
This was Win 7 Pro, which I ordered several months ago for $100.00.
I haven't used it much on this PC, but it's fast and stable.