[PCWorks] Trying to record monitor screen using TV-out results in bad audio echo

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:32:25 -0600

There's been some TV shows I've missed that are available
online, I hate watching TV programs at my computer desk in my
office so I was trying to find a way to record them to a VCR.
I have an ATI AIW (All-In-Wonder) 9800 Pro video card that has
TV-out functions that allow you to send what's displayed on the
monitor to a TV, or record it.  The audio-out from the video
card doesn't work for this, you have to disconnect where your
speakers are connected to the (integrated) sound card's
"Line-out" jack, then hook that Line-out jack to the audio
input on the VCR.

I can record the video and audio, but the audio results in a
really bad echo.  Does anyone know what is causing this and how
to fix it?  I have tried minimizing the "Wave" slider control
on that mixer in XP's sound properties, but that results in NO
audio.  I minimized the "Line In" and that had no effect.  I
have no special effects enabled.  There is a bit of a delay
from what I may do on the PC until it's shown on the video
output.  In other words, if I have the TV Tuner's display open
where I can watch what's on composite video, and I move the
mouse cursor somewhere, there's a slight delay until that
movement is displayed on the TV output.  So my guess is there
is some kind of audio delay as well, but it's recording BOTH
"sources" of audio, but I don't know where this other audio
source originates so that I can mute it.
Thanks,
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner