Re: [PCWorks] Shutting down

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:25:00 -0500

Below that should have read:
"If that's what was happening then that certainly could have
caused the problem [if it was a CPU fan or other important
fan]".

If the CPU, GPU, PSU, HD, or mobo overheats that can cause the
PC to freeze up.

It doesn't have to take much dust or debris to block a fan from
rotating.  If that's what was happening then that certainly
could have caused the problem.

But as Sue mentioned with her experience, there are almost
limitless things that can cause a PC to freeze up.

BTW for those that use a lot of, or a powerful fan(s) on their
PC, it's a good idea to use some kind of an external filter on
them.  External because if internal you have to always take
your PC partially apart to clean the filters.  I have about (no
joke) 23 fans total in my main PC.  I made some external
filters out of filter-foam.  Only the last 2 pages here pertain
to this:
http://www.orpheuscomputing.com/computers/case_mods/4.html (I
only have text below the thumbnails right now).
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com