Re: [PCWorks] Langa List web site

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 03:28:57 -0500

I gave the wrong Y URL below, it should have been
http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7zTHgNNNqfAAGLPal8kF?p=langa.com&y=Explore+URL&fr=sfp

(and
http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7zTHgNNNqfAAGLPal8kF?p=www.langa.com&y=Explore+URL&fr=sfp

with the www prefix only shows one).  I've corrected it below.

I am unclear as to what you're saying Rocky.  Is it like you
believe you've been "hijacked" in some way?  The Langa website
just pops up every time you open IE?  Or are you just asking
about the login required at that website?  Has the login always
been required?  It would seem not, it would appear they've
either been hacked, or recently password protected the ENTIRE
website because if you search for the domain at search engines,
pages show up.  Which obviously indicates this is something
more recent.

MSN doesn't show any pages indexed for the domain!  Y only
shows a few
http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7zTHgNNNqfAAGLPal8kF?p=langa.com&y=Explore+URL&fr=sfp
and as you can see those few are now inaccessible.  G shows
only ONE page and it too is inaccessible,
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alanga.com&hl=en&lr=  but
the "Cached" link works!  But if you search for the domain,
you'll see thousands of results from thousands of webpages
linking TO pages at the site.  This would to me indicate
obviously pages were ONCE accessible or people would not be
linking to it.  But due to the search engines having few or no
pages, would indicate it's going on for "a while" since the
SE's have already deleted once-indexed pages.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com