Re: [PCWorks] Is there a tool of some kind that will tell you what kind of ActiveX is on a webpage?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 04:29:16 -0500

For that matter, every thing is "server side" but I see what
you mean about them being hidden.  But I believe everything on
a webpage is "downloaded" in some manner to the PC, as should
ActiveX controls be.  Then shouldn't it be possible to look in
the "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files" folder to see what
ActiveX was most recently added or modified after visiting a
webpage?

Apparently not.  I had the folder open when I went to a site
and ALLOWED ALL content, and the folder contents remained the
same!  ???

I did however find that it's SpyWare Blaster that's blocking
the ActiveX (therefore giving that ANNOYING warning that won't
go away), but the problem is it blocks thousands of ActiveX
controls and you have no way of knowing which!  And like I
said, it was never downloaded to the folder like other ActiveX
is.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner