Re: [PCWorks] Firewall Blocking Audio Stream

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 00:25:10 -0600

Tom what exactly does one need to do to get the audio to play
on that page?

I don't think you can turn the router off if it's only the
hardware firewall built into the router.  So is this both a
hardware firewall AND software firewall?

Regardless of which, you should be able to add domains or IP's
to a white-list.  But I can't say if adding that IP will also
allow that port 8000 on it.

Another option is, if you can, disable that firewall on that
router and get a decent router for 20-30 bucks.  I've never had
to make any settings changes to my hardware firewall in the
routers I've used (I've used 3 of them) and they were all
cheap.  Plus, even with my software firewall disabled they
passed all security tests and port sniffs (they showed all
ports as "Stealthed").  So they are protected but can still be
used.

XP's firewall only blocks traffic one way, inbound.  There are
many free software firewalls available.
-Clint

Happy Thanksgiving to all & God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner