Re: [PCWorks] Firewall Blocking Audio Stream

  • From: Tom <tjd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:39:23 -0500

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.  Out of curiosity, will port
forwarding accomplish opening port 8000 so I can listen to
the audio stream?  In looking through the webpages available
from the router I found that it has several presets for port
forwarding and it also gives the option for adding ports.  I
was going to just try adding port 8000 to port forwarding but
thought I'd better ask first before I might get myself into
trouble (doing something I don't know anything about).

I'm always interested in learning and from what I find, it
seems like port forwarding is what I need to allow the audio
stream to come through.

Thanks again,

Tom

** Message Separater **