Re: [PCWorks] Adobe Shockwave Player Multiple Vulnerabilities

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 03:30:05 -0500

This is a bit confusing.....Shockwave is a player that plays
Flash content.  .SWF is Shockwave Flash.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWF

There are many Flash players out there, so that's why I was
wondering what Eric used if he doesn't have Shockwave
installed, how does Flash content play on webpages.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com
www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com
www.OrpheusComputing.com/cheap_reliable_web_hosting.html
www.OrpheusComputing.com/PCworks-computer-help-email-list.html

From: "Eric Vogel"

The easiest thing to do is to uninstall it. I removed it about
a year ago and no website prompted me to install it. Most sites
are Flash based now.