-=PCTechTalk=- question on downloading zipped files from the internet

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:34:21 -0500

It's been awhile since I've had to ask for help since I got a new desktop
and it has been working fine.  However having said that, I have a new
annoyance that popped up a few days ago and I cannot figure out how to fix
it.  Hopefully someone here has the answer.

I have winrar and before this problem, I could go to a web site, click on a
link, a dialogue box would open and ask if I wanted to open or save it and
I'd choose save it.  Well now that box is gone and when I click on a link it
just opens the zip up and then of course there is no way to save it.  The
only way I can save now is by right clicking on the link and choosing 'save
target as' to get that dialogue box to open.

Someone suggested it was due to SP2 but that has been on here since I first
got the computer in August.  I tried their method anyhow of holding down the
control button while I clicked on the link but it still opened up the zip.

It is frustrating me no end as can't find anything in the winrar help file,
can't find anything in the OE Internet Options and I'm hoping some guru here
will be able to solve this problem.  Thank you.  Dolores