-=PCTechTalk=- dcc/mIRC - Q from a friend

  • From: suzánne <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <WinXPHelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:13:52 -0500

>Has anyone got any ideas as to why a DCC send should fail in mIRC?  Several
people are complaining that they can't get their DCC send to work, although
DCC receive works perfectly ok. In each case the DCC settings seem to be
correctly set.  All appears normal at the senders end and the
recipient can see the normal DCC window come up, but when they click on the
window the transfer of data fails. This problem has been reported by at
least three people in chat. Several of the operators have tried to help to
cure this problem, but so far with no success. I at first thought it was a
problem related to the Windows XP operating system, but it also seems to
occur with Windows 98. There seems to be variations on a theme with this
problem. In one instance the DCC reported a connection error. In another it
seemed unable to send the data file. I would be grateful if anyone can shed
any light on a likely cause for this problem.<