-=PCTechTalk=- Yet Another Dell Computer Problem Update

  • From: "Suzanne Dunlap" <sdunlap3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:34:23 -0400

I was having such a good day and was actually getting pretty optimistic
about this computer maybe being okay again.  But I was wrong.
I have been on it for several hours installing more programs, and even
burned a CD with everything working great.  I stopped for lunch and then
decided to try installing my embroidery machine software.  Before I could
even do that,  my monitor had gone into sleep mode with the black screen and
when I moved the mouse, it wouldn't come back.  If I remember right, the
first time the hardware tech came over it had done that, too, and he made a
monitor setting change.  Anyway, this time I had to turn the computer off
and when I turned it back on, I got the dreaded blue screen for the first
time today.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP:  0x000000D1  (0x80CDC2CD, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x80CDC2CD)
So it's back to square one.  I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to do
the Windows XP reinstallation but looks like I'm not going to be able to
avoid it.
Any ideas on what to do when the monitor won't come back on when moving the
mouse?

Sue in Bridgeport, Mi.