-=PCTechTalk=- What is a DMI and AGP Aperture??

  • From: "Lyn Scott" <conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:36:15 +0930

Hello Group,
I was having another poke around and in a program called AIDA32 v3.02, found a
reference to DMI.
It has a warning listed saying that DMI may be inaccurate or corrupted. Whats a
DMI??

This program gives very detailed information for just about anything.

It has a section that checks the motherboard -chipset . This has a notation
under "Problems and Suggestions".
The Problem = "AGP aperture size is more than half of the system memory size.
This may cause performance penalty".  Simply put I guess that something is
oversize and slows the computer down.

BIOS is over 2 years old and can stay that way.

Just for my own curiosity I would like to know what these things are , what
they do and should I do anything about them.?

Lyn