-=PCTechTalk=- Vista Battery Saver - View Release

  • From: <mytoybox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC TechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:50:12 -0500

Hi ... I just received my new Acer Lap Top . It is the Aspire 3500  series ...
Vista Home Premium .
15 1/4 inch screen with an AMD Turion 64X2 dual processor (CPU) ... DVDRW-CDRW
drive ... 1 gigabyte of RAM ( I will ask if I can add another 1 gigabyte of RAM
from Acer support help ) .

And a 120 gigabyte hard drive .

Soooo ... I have been doing a lot of reading ... one thing that I found is that
Vista has two real memory/resource hog`s ... they are the Vista Side Bar and
the Vista Aero Interface .

Sooo ... I found a free program called Vista Battery Saver for lap top`s ... it
save`s about 70% of the battery drain by making these two program`s temporarily
inactive ... when on the battery only setting .

Go here to download it ... about 910k in size .
http://www.codeplex.com/vistabattery/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=6063

You do have to be using the Vista Home Premium or better to use this program .

Vista Desktop unit`s don`t have this particular problem being as they are
plugged into a 110 AC wall plug .

Anyway`s ... I hope this is helpfull .

Teri Lee