-=PCTechTalk=- " The continueing Unbuntu saga "

  • From: <mytoybox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC TechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:07:46 -0500

Re:
Teri,
    A simpler approach would be to connect the drive as a Slave (or at least
not as the bootable one) on another system.  Then just use the other
system's operating system to Format your drive (Right click on the drive and
select Format from the context menu).  Simple, no?
Hiya GMan ... what a fantastic idea . I have an empty bay in my back up P C (
the IBM ) ... which by the way has really served me well since 2001 . My main
machine is a Dell Dimension with an exterior USB floppy drive and a DVD r/w
exterior drive, together with a 60 gigabyte external hard drive for storeage .

Had to replace the hard drive once, and the mother board and CPU unit`s were
replaced by IBM under warrentee when I shipped it to them after one year`s use
.

Turn around time was 7 day`s .

I have also added a 680 watt power supply, a USB2 & Firewire card, and a RJ45
Ethernet card . And a new V92 modem with quick disconnect/reconnect for phone
calls received while I am on-line and it has fax capabilities . I use Callwave
to monitor my phone when I am On-line .

Thank`s for the info .

Terissa Lee