-=PCTechTalk=- Tech needed: Serial mouse works with XP, will it work with 7??

  • From: "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:22:13 -0400

I'm using an older serial mouse that is pressure sensitive on my Dell pc, my
friend added a pci serial card and it works fine. With XP being 32bit, I am
wondering if this mouse work work on Windows 7 64bit with a pci serial card
supporting Windows 7 64bit? I do not know if Windows 7 would look at the pci
card or the serial mouse attached to the serial card? I have a pci serial
card supporting about every OS up to Windows 8 ordered and looking to buy a
new Windows 7 desktop. I assume a 9 pin serial mouse is 16bit so if it works
with 32bit XP shouldn't it work with 64bit 7? What do you think on if the
serial mouse would work no problems? Thanks!!
Rudy

database 10592 (20141020) __________

http://www.eset.com

in the Subject.