-=PCTechTalk=- Question for any Chrome Book users..?

  • From: Skip <chazzlee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 00:24:37 -0400

Impressed by all the claims of simplicity, I recently purchased an Acer B-3
Chrome Book.
Only to find that it will not initiate with my Verizion Fios Actiontek
router. No matter what I do, the Acer Chrome Book will not sign in to my
Fios wireless network; -I've given it the right SSID network name and also
the correct WEP/WPA key password, and all it responds with is "Error.
Network is not configured"!!
It's a perfect screen and keyboard size for me so I'd like to keep the
thing, but if it won't sign in to a wireless router it's only 3 feet away
from, what's it gonna do later in the O/S world?

I'm going to check with the Verizon tech tomorrow, but am not terribly
hopeful about it. Also I've read that the Google techs are completely
unresponsive..!
Simplicity, -huh???? ;>(

Anyone with any experience with this?

Thanks,