-=PCTechTalk=- Re: where is the registry is this ........

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 00:56:59 -0400

Darryl,
    If you'd rather have it open up showing the C:\ drive's contents in the
right pane, you'll have to right click on the Windows Explorer shortcut and
edit the Target line to the following (just copy and paste the example you
choose to use since the syntax must be exactly as they appear below).

%windir%\Explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\

    You should also be able to use these.  I'm assuming that you've
installed Windows onto the C:\ drive and that you didn't change the main
directory's folder name during the Windows installation.

For WinME:
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\

For WinXP:
C:\WinNT\Explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\

    If you get the results you're after, remember to change them for ALL of
the Explorer shortcuts (Start Menu, Desktop, QuickLaunch Taskbar, 'Send To'
Menu, etc.).

Peace,
GMan

PCTechTalk Owner