-=PCTechTalk=- Re: virus!! My Thoughts

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:52:33 -0500

final thoughts -
copied below is part of the 1st message to the list about the virus (taken from
freelist site).
Eddie Carroll's computer was sent this with the klez virus on it. He replied to
the group, and his reply went to the group.
I opened his and fro - probably - From: "=^.^=" alienkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - the
other e-mail with the same subject line.
When I scanned my computer, those particular e-mails came up with iframe virus -
so - perhaps Eddie Carroll's computer has iframe on it - which is a totally
separate problem than the klez that showed up in the original e-mail that Eddie
received.
So - Eddie Carrol's anti-virus caught the klez - and it came from someone who
has pctech in their address book, and Eddie Carroll's name too. But, Eddie has
iframe.
make sense?
CrisS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  a.. To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  b.. Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: A WinXP patch
  c.. From: "Eddie Carroll" <kd4bas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  d.. Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:47:29 -0600

Is it just my PC or did this message have a virus attached.  My Norton
showed W32.Klez.H@mm.

Eddie Carroll
KD4BAS / KIN9ET
First Responder
Level I Fire Service Instructor
Morganfield, KY Fire & Rescue
Incident Page Network KTY-005
National Incident Notification Network DKY-3
Storm Chasers of America # 74
ICQ# 149667298
http://www.geocities.com/nutcase1967
In memory of Dale Earnhardt,