-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Program in control panel "secure delivery"

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:58:23 -0500

http://help.kontiki.com/enduser/category.jsp?node=789

there are several progs. with references to 'secure delivery' in a google
search....
This kontiki is listed on spybot search and destroy's spybot page:

      Company: Kontiki
      Product: GameSpot (CNet) and Kontiki, Inc.
      Category: Spybots
      Last information edit: 20021020
      Threat: Spyware
      Company URL: http://www.kontiki.com/
      Company Product URL: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/misc/dlxpage2/index.html
      Company Privacy URL: http://www.kontiki.com/client/privacy.html
      Functionality
            A download accelerator for game demos.

      Description
            Some sort of download manager specialized for GameSpot content. That
content may be deleted by the Kontiki network without user choice. And the
software allows GameSpot to monitor the usage of the downloaded content. More
information can be found at
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,365073,00.asp .

      Privacy
            You understand that Content will be stored on your personal computer
until it is deleted at your direction or until it is automatically deleted by
the operation of the Kontiki Delivery Network.
            [...]
            Usage Information is information about the delivery and playback of
content using the Kontiki software, including information about user behavior
within the service, the name of content being delivered, the number of times it
has been played or the types of searches that are going through the Kontiki
Delivery Network.
            [...]
            Kontiki may share Usage Information with content providers or other
parties,but do not disclose information in any way in which Usage Information
would be personally identifiable.
            [...]
            Kontiki is not responsible for the operation of the third party DRM
in any way, including revocation of your ability to use Content or the
collection or use of information collected from you by the third party DRM.