-=PCTechTalk=- Re: silence

  • From: "nightsneak" <nightsneak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:12:24 -0400

LOL...I have to admit that I have also relied on the members of this list as
a link to the world when everyone else is off doing their "own thing".

This is a wonderful "family" of people, and I am happy to be a part of a
group of people who can put up with other people's loneliness, desire for
chat, and, oh, of course, help with their computer problems ;-)

In my case, yesterday was 106 degrees of burning sun and HUMID. I don't even
want to tell you what the heat index was, and we haven't seen rain in
.....ummm....wellll.....a long time.

I celebrated the holiday by working 13 hours, after 3 hrs sleep, at the back
gate, outside, at an amphitheater in the brutal heat. Thankfully, today we
had a cold front come thru, and it was only 94 degrees. What a relief!

Another thing I would like to comment on...

I think it is great that members here feel comfortable enough to post their
locations, and their situations, even if it is only weather related. So many
lists, and so many people any more, could care less about others, or have
such enormous ego or other problems that they can't relate to the "little"
people, and I think it is a great tribute to GMan, and the members of this
list, that this feels like a comfortable place to be.

For the newer members who may not have heard from me in the last few months
due to enormous work and personal time-takers, welcome, sit down, grab a
drink of your choice, and enjoy : )

I think that I am back to my own form of sanity, and I hope to be here every
day now, at least some part. (Actually GMan and Babydoll are forcing me,
since now they are moving and will be offline for a bit...LOL)

nightsneak