-=PCTechTalk=- Re: safe mode question + antivirus question

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:32:09 -0500

When you boot up in SAFE MODE, most of your drivers will not load up. That's
the whole point of SAFE MODE. No drivers. Unfortunately, this will limit what
you can do. For one, you can't go online cause your modem and/or network card
drivers will not be loaded. So, definition updates for your spyware/adware
scanners, and antivirus scanners need to be done in NORMAL mode first. THEN you
can go to SAFE MODE.

Regarding using Symantec Corp online from the school's site... that's probably
why it doesn't work... its online and you can't go online. If its not installed
on your own system, under a standard SAFE MODE boot-up, you will not be able to
employ it.
Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX