-=PCTechTalk=- Re: remote shutdown

  • From: jeff <jeff57@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:03:43 +0100

the reason i want to do it is we has three kids, 14 y/o daughter that uses nsm
to chat to her friends and 2 sons 13 and 10 that play games.
so we have to tell them 1 hour them swop over, at the end of the hour world war
3 breaks out, the person thats on the pc keeps saying just let me Finnish this
or just a minute.
i did put a program on that would shut down or restart the pc after a set time
but they would just pause it when we were not looking,
if i can find a way to shut it down from my pc i can tell them that i have put
a program on their pc that will shut down after a set time or if they argue
(sneaky).
and at night i get up to go to bed only to find they have left it on and i have
to stand there and shut it down, sometimes this can take a few minutes
depending on what they have running.

Jeff