-=PCTechTalk=- Re: registry problem

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:44:54 -0500

Sorry, I had forgotten this wasn't resolved.  Everything got a little crazy
for the holidays.  I'm glad you mentioned Embird in that other thread.

OK, I got a few questions...
1) Does this error cause problems or is it just annoying?
2) Does it happen at the same point or is it random?  If always the same
point, then what causes it?  I'm mostly asking to see if it is recreatable.
3) What version of Embird are you using and what update did you install?
4) Was it working properly before the update?  If so, then maybe you could
re-install the software and NOT put the update back on.

Hmm, after writing that last one I'm wondering if you tried to uninstall
Embird and re-install it and the update to see if maybe it just didn't
install properly.  If possible, I would suggest you disconnect from the
internet, then disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall you might
have installed before installing Embird.  I saw it mentioned at Embird's
website that some of these programs can interfere with the install.

When upgrading from previous version of Embird follow these directions:
http://embird.com/sw/embird/howto.htm

When upgrading from a previous build of Embird 2008:
- Your password for the basic Embird 2008 and all its plug ins will be valid
for the new build, update is free.
- Back up your password for Embird 2008 (open Embird 2008 in Manager, select
Help- > Password).
- Download new installation file of the basic Embird from
http://www.embird.com/sw/embird/newdown.htm
- Uninstall old Embird (select Start -> Programs -> Embird 2008 -> Unistall
Embird 2008).
- Install new Embird.
- Recover password  (open Embird 2008 in Manager, select Help- > Password).
(This info I got from Embird FAQ at http://embird.com/faq.htm)