-=PCTechTalk=- Re: question about IE 6 not showing the URL

  • From: "SandyLuvsMusic" <sandyluvsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PcTechTalk" <PcTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "pctechtalk digest users" <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:50:41 -0400

Thanks Dr. Benway for you reply.  When I do as you say I only get the below
Standard Burrons
Address Bar
Links
McAfee Virus Scan
Lock The Toolbars
Customize

nothing that says Menu Bar.  I do actually have my Menu bar showing along with
my Toolbar, but there was always another one that showed the url of the page I
was on.

From: "SandyLuvsMusic" <sandyluvsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- A question about an IE toolbar in IE 6
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:36:06 -0400

Hi,
I noticed about a week ago that I no longer have the toolbar or whatever it's
called in IE that shows what URL you're at.  I use IE 6 sp1 and am running
Windows Me.  I thought maybe I'd gotten a virus or ?? on here so I've run
McAfee several times and have run 6 other spyware/cleanup programs.  A few
things were found and taken care of, but I still don't have that toolbar back.

Thanks so much for any help.

hugs,
Sandy

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:29:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Dr. Benway" <benwaydr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: A question about an IE toolbar in IE 6

Hi,
Have you tried right-clicking on the toolbar area at
the top of IE and clicking Menu Bar?