-=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopic,,credit reports

  • From: Dan Chisolm <d0ct0rdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:14:57 -0400

Christy,

I've been ordering them annually online for about nine years.  I'm glad that I
no longer have to pay.  Since there are three sources -- Experian, Equifax, and
TransUnion -- I order three times a year; i.e., (Experian) February, (Equifax)
June, and (TransUnion) October.  This way, I'm monitoring throughout the year.

It's important to remember that www.annualcreditreport.com is free and
www.freecreditreport.com is NOT.

However, www.annualcreditreport.com does attempt to sell one a product.  IOW,
if after completing the application, www.annualcreditreport.com presents you
with an unanticipated charge, it would mean that you inadvertently ordered an
item for which there is a charge.

~ Dan

> From: poppy0206@xxxxxxx
> To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopic,,credit reports
> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:24:13 -0400
>
> Thanks Rudy,
>
> Will go there and check it out.  I had heard you should not get another for
> at least a month since I just received one from Equifax.  Have you or anyone
> here ordered one online from annualcreditreport.com before?
>
> thanks,
> christy

OR
in the Subject.