-=PCTechTalk=- Re: odd problem

  • From: "Mikey" <mtg1022@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:27:41 -0500

how do I shut all those things off???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Master NetLord" <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 7:25 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: odd problem

> Good answer suzanne.  I'd add one thing though.  TSRs (terminate, stay
resident) programs do not always show in the task bar.  If you run msconfig,
and select "startup", you'll see lots of programs that are started when the
computer is turned on.  Many of them are not visible in the task bar, but
are TSRs.  Turning off any that are not absolutely necessary (as you
suggested) will help speed up things.