-=PCTechTalk=- Re: java

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:45:03 -0500

Lil,
    Microsoft's version was stripped from them when it became apparent that
they were trampling all over Sun's patents.  Sun is the originator of the
plugin, so theirs is the one to have.  However, 5.0 Update 16 is an older
version and not the one you want.  The latest can always be found at
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.  It shows version 6 Update 10 as
the newest one available.

    You'll want to uninstall ALL instances of Java BEFORE installing this
new one.

Peace,
Gman