-=PCTechTalk=- Re: cable internet access question

  • From: John82654@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:46:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/2003 10:29:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
n1jmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Poppy0206@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi a question please.   I am moving in with a roomate who has cable tv, and
has at my request signed up for cox cable high speed internet connection so I
can use my computer over there and pay her for the high speed internet
connection part of the bill.  Will I have total privacy on my account even
though it
is in her name?  Also can she be using the service while I am paying for it
under another account name?
The high speed cable is probably a coaxial cable. If you're leaving your
computer at her house, she'd probably be able to fool around with it,possibly
open
your files. If you don't leave your computer there, she probably can't access
your info, but she could hook your cable to her computer. If you both have
computers,why don't you share the high speed connection and the price?