-=PCTechTalk=- Re: cable internet access question

  • From: Jim <n1jmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:28:37 -0400

Generally, the account will be in the 'subscribers' name, most likely hers.

on most ISP's you get multiple email accounts, 4 to 10, but, the
subscriber needs to set up all but the 'primary' account.

only the primary account has much privacy, generally the primary account
can set 'security' & 'access' privileges for all the 'sub' accounts but
can't read the emails directly, however the primary account can reset
the passwords for each sub account which theoretically means the primary
could gain access to all sub accounts if they so desired, of course when
your name is on the bill that's what you get.

-Jim-