-=PCTechTalk=- Re: adobe license question

  • From: "jfitzpatrick02" <jfitzpatrick02@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:16:45 -0400

Hi Don:

Thanks for your answer. I like the idea of putting
in a bill to the feds for the Adobe program.

Sadly, I think the powers-that-be at Yale (where I
work) will frown at that idea. But it's a good
laugh.

Yes, Yale gets to buy licenses at a lower price
than mere mortals. But it just irks me that we
have to do this because some elected officials in
the government decided we have to use a certain
program to get grant money.

I would love to know how much money the program in
question (which is NOT Adobe, by the way) paid the
feds to get the exclusive contract.

If anyone is still curious, go to Grants.gov to
see what I'm referring to.

Thanks again all.
Jacki